Monday 25 May 2020

Life on Mars

The majority of the photos in my 'to scrap' pile for 2005 come from a boating holiday we took on the Norfolk Broads. I was planning to make the pages via as many NSD challenges as possible while using the same paper pad throughout, and hoping that they would be compatible.

I got off to a good start with the 'Griddled' challenge from For the Love of Pretty Paper, which was just to create a page based on a grid. I had an assortment of photos from settling into our temporary home (the Broadland Mars) which I felt would work well with a quadrants design.



I was playing with a few ideas for titles until I hit on this one, and it was perfect for a challenge from Hey Little Magpie to use a quote, since they included song lyrics as one of their suggestions for possible quotes to be used.

Supplies
Cardstock - Craft UK, Papermania
Paper - Make & Create Moments, American Crafts/Dear Lizzy
Journalling Card - Studio Calico
Letters - October Afternoon
Word Stickers - My Mind's Eye
Die Cut - Jillibean Soup
Flair - Unknown
Washi Tape - Pink Paislee, Hobbycraft
Enamel Dots - Doodlebug, My Mind's Eye, Eyelet Outlet, Stampin' Up!
Puffy Sticker - Fancy Pants
Ink - Hobbycraft
Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Big Shot
Provocraft Alphabet Dies
Dovecraft Label Die
X-Cut Anchor Die
Scrapberry's Compass Stamp

2 comments:

  1. I like your use of the 6X6 squares. I've been seeing a lot of layout use of 6X6 & 4X4, both of which I think I'll give a go. It does lend itself to a grid format of which is my favourite design style.

    The list for the SPSH will be up on Wednesday this week. Hope you will join in again this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly will be. It should be an interesting one in the current situation.

      Delete