Sunday 3 May 2020

Khoo Kongsi

Wedding pages are all done now, so I just have a few more pages to make from our trip to Singapore and Malaysia back in 2009 and then I'll be done and another album can join its fellows on the shelf. We had another couple of days in Penang after the wedding but I've already made most of those pages in the past and am either leaving them alone or only adding a few extra pieces. I have one new double (this one) and two singles that I am going to re-do.

Khoo Kongsi is the Chinese clanhouse where the Khoo family (to which our bride belongs) gather to worship their ancestors. There are a number of kongsi in the city, built by the various immigrant families as they settled here in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.

I went for a double page for eight photos in assorted sizes. I was happy with the way I was arranging the pictures but had a real struggle with my paper layers until I finally ditched my original background and switched to the Hannah collection from K&Company. I used this a lot at the start of the album but recent pages have used other collections instead.



As I'm sure you know, it was National Scrapbook Day yesterday, though it's turned into a multi-day event now and often starts on the Friday with challenges running remaining open for a couple of weeks. 

The first challenge that I saw published this year was from Hey Little Magpie, and was to not use white cardstock. That was an easy one for me where this album is concerned and I duly avoided it for this page.

Supplies
Cardstock - Papermania, Bazzill
Paper - K&Co Hannah, DCWV Far East
Letters - American Crafts
Die-Cuts/Tags - K&Co Hannah
Glitter Tape - Hobbycraft
Rain Dots - Cloud 9 Design
Ink - Ranger

Tools
Woodware Postage Stamp Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment