Friday 1 May 2020

Winter Photography Scavenger Hunt

We're in May now so the extended Winter Photography Scavenger Hunt ended yesterday. Eileen at A Bracelet of Days originally published a list of twenty things to find and photograph between 1 December and 31 March, with a couple of alternatives if any of the twenty were impossible in your corner of the world. When coronavirus disrupted all our lives she extended the hunt by a month and added four more alternatives which could by found from home if necessary.

It's time to share my finds now, a mixture of photos I've shared before and new ones from the last month.

1. In the Bag
The essentials for walking a section of the Capital Ring - Oystercard, route guide and camera (February).



2. Contrast
Tree and sky (January).



3. The Way to Go
Local footpath (January). 



4. Colours
A "Twelve Days of Christmas" Snowman (December).



5. A Garden Gate
In Harrow on the Hill (March).



6. Vintage 
A 1974 Citroën van, also in Harrow on the Hill (March).



7. I Stood Here
Braving the scales after Christmas (January). I did get back to my Slimming World target weight, but who knows what havoc lockdown is wreaking.


8. 11 o'clock
*NEW* My mantle clock (April).


9. Solitary
*NEW* A stranger by the River Thames (April).



10. The Little Things
Lockdown essentials (March).



11. Industrial
*NEW* Machinery on one of the jetties on the River Thames (April).


12. Time for Tea
My hotel tea tray (March).



13. A Keyhole
*NEW* The padlock on the local school gates (April).



14. Flavour of the Month
*NEW* April means Easter and so hot cross buns, toasted and spread with butter.



15. Letters
I used this for "Vintage" previously but I'm switching it to "Letters" now as it's a lovely clear font - the old station sign at Hanwell, which was called Hanwell and Elthorne between 1896 and 1974 (February). 



16. A Barrier
*NEW* A closed flood gate on the River Thames (April).




17. A Line
A line of murals on our flood defences (March).



18. A Chain
*NEW* The chain on a swing in the park (January but not shared then).


19. An Alley
Footpath rather than alley but the best I could do under the circumstances (March).


20. Monochrome
One of the murals from 17 (March).



C: The View From My Front Door
The view from the end of my drive (March).


D: Three Colours On One Item
*NEW* A red, black and white tug boat on the River Thames (April).


E: I Am Reading
*NEW* Currently reading this collection of short stories (April).


F: The Sky Today
*NEW* The sky on 5 April.



I eventually managed to find something for all twenty of the original list, plus four of the six alternative items so I'm happy with that. 

The Winter Hunt comes to an end, but the Summer Hunt will be upon us before we know it. I look forward to seeing what Mary-Lou will test us with this year...


1 comment:

  1. Marvelous that you were able to get them all - I like that vintage blue truck. I'm working on a SPSH list, which will have to be gentle for searching as most of us will at least begin the season on lockdown and/or social distancing.

    ReplyDelete