Thursday 7 May 2020

Smile

The Original Page
This is the penultimate page that I'm making from Malaysia, and it's a replacement for one I made back in 2012. I made the original page with four overlapping rectangles of patterned papers, but those papers don't appear elsewhere in the album, I hate all the rounded corners and the embellishment is limited to a few nondescript cross stitches. 

I started the new page on National Scrapbooking Day with a scraplift challenge from Hey Little Magpie. We had a choice of two pages from Rachel Millington to lift and I chose one with a large slanting panel filling most of the page.

I made it harder for myself because my photo was landscape while hers had been portrait, so I had to play with the positioning of the elements on the page to make it work for me. This meant running my photo off the side of the central panel and moving my embellishment above the photo rather than running it alongside. My title (rescued from the original page along with scraps of the pink paper) is smaller than hers and that opened up space for a large tag with my journalling.



I layered a second tag under that journalling tag, and with three more punched tags at the top right, I'm also linking up with Shimelle's second NSD challenge - to use lots of tags.

Supplies
Paper - DCWV Far East, Kit 'n' Craft, Crate Paper Mia
Letters - Crate Paper
Border Sticker - atd
Glitter Tape - Hobbycraft
Rain Dots - Cloud 9 Design
Thread - Anchor
Ink - Ranger


Tools
Fiskars Apron Lace Border Punch
Woodware Tag Punch
X-Cut Small Circle Punch
Big Shot & X-Cut Tag Die
Inkadinkadoo Camera Stamp

No comments:

Post a Comment