Thursday 21 May 2020

Junk Models

Having finally finished my Far East album, I've picked random old year to finish off next, and that year is 2005. I sorted through my photos before National Scrapbooking Day and assembled a few supplies, and this is the first one that I tackled. Lottie Loves Paper gave us a step-by-step set of instructions for a page, which was a different sort of challenge from the norm and one that I happily took on.

The mixed media and the circles on this page came directly from the instructions but we could embellish in any way we chose and I went with a scattering of stars, both stamped stars and puffy stickers. This was originally on an all-white background, but after a week or so I trimmed the page down and matted it on bright pink.


There are so many challenges around National Scrapbook Day that pages have to do double, triple or even quadruple duty. This one also matched up with a challenge from Hey Little Magpie to leave some white space on the page, one from For the Love of Pretty Paper to use circles AND a challenge from Shimelle to repeat a stamp (and it makes me happy that two of the three stamps that I used were designed by Shimelle herself).

Supplies
Cardstock - Craft UK, Craft Sensations
Paper - The Paper Loft, Reminisce
Letters - American Crafts
Stars - Bella Boulevard
Ink - Ranger, Hobbycraft
Mist - Mister Huey's

Tools
Fiskars Shape Cutter & Circles Template
Shimelle Circle Stamp
Banana Frog/Shimelle Star Stamp
Studio Calico Stars Stamp

No comments:

Post a Comment