Friday 15 May 2020

Signs of Hope

This is turning out to be a strange year, but one that I shall be documenting nevertheless. Rainbows are springing up as signs of solidarity and hope and I wanted to record that aspect of the crisis. Three of my photos here are rainbows (on the school gates, in the window of a house and chalked on a footpath), the photo on the left has a felled tree with 'Hope you're OK!' chalked on it, and I like to see pairs of magpies (one for sorrow, two for joy etc.).


I arranged my five photos directly on the cardstock background (which I coloured with distress inks) with paper strips top and bottom and embellished with lots of clear stickers. I left the flowers clear but backed the butterflies with white cardstock and attached them on one side only to add some dimension.

This is the last page that I'm sharing from the chocolate-themed Easter Cybercrop at For the Love of Pretty Paper; it was for the "Wispa" challenge which was to use tiny alphas.

Supplies
Cardstock - Premier
Paper - American Crafts/Dear Lizzy Saturday, American Crafts/Amy Tangerine Oh Happy Life
Letters - American Crafts, KaiserCraft
Washi Tape - Pink Paislee/Paige Evans Turn the Page
Stickers - OneCanoeTwo #Stickerbook
Enamel Dots - My Mind's Eye, Doodlebug, Simple Stories, American Crafts/Shimelle, Marianne Design
Puffy Hearts - Studio Calico
Ink - Ranger

No comments:

Post a Comment